Dr. Naveen Shetty K
Principal, Dr. Nitte Shankara Adyanthaya Memorial PU College Mangaluru
Started his career as a Lecturer in Economics at Sri Niranjana Swamy College, Sunkadakatte from 1994 to 1996 & S.D.P.T College, Kateel from 1996 to 2005. His enthusiasm and attitude towards his teaching promoted him to become Founder, Principal of Sri Ramakrishna College, Mangaluru from 2005 to 2017. Director / Principal Mahesh PU College, Mangaluru from 2017 to 2019. Joined the Nitte group of Educational Institutions on 17th May 2019 and presently working as a Principal of Dr. Nitte Shankara Adyanthaya Memorial PU College Mangalore.
- M.A in Economics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Ph.D in Human Resource Management
- Graduation from St. Aloysius College, Mangalore (1990).
- Post Graduation in Economics from Mangalore University (1993).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from Mysore University (1999)
- Completed Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (2002).
- Completed Ph.D in Human Resource Development from Mangalore University (2012)
- Lecturer in Economics in Sri Niranjana Swamy College, Sunkadakatte from 1994 to 1996.
- Lecturer in Economics in S.D.P.T College, Kateel from 1996 to 2005.
- Founder Principal of Sri Ramakrishna Degree College, Mangalore from 2005 to 2017 (May)
- Director and Principal – Mahesh PU College, Mangalore from 2017 to 2019
- 25 years of teaching experience as a lecturer in Economics for Pre-University College and Degree College. 15 years of experience as a Principal of Degree and P U College.
- Being a founder Principal, applied & brought affiliation from the College Education Department, Bangalore for the courses B.B.M & B.S.W in the year 2005, for B.Com Course in the year 2006 & for B.C.A Course in the year 2007; have taken the responsibilities of establishing basic facilities and academic necessities of the college; have introduced set of rules & regulations for the students which has made the college and its students unique among other colleges.
- The students strength and performance has been continuously increased from year to year with university Ranks and State Awards to the College.
- Organized thousands of Guest Lectures and Seminars (in 14 Years) in the college, which was attended by University Professors and Principals of various colleges of Udupi & Mangalore District; Organised several Annual Sports at Mangala Stadium which were presided over by dignitaries like Shri Santhosh Hegde, Lokayuktha.. Dr. Shantharam Shetty, Shri Vinay Hegde, Sri K. Amarnath Shetty – former minister.
- Conducted inter class and inter collegiate cultural variety competitions. The programmes were presided over by dignitaries like Dr. Mohan Alva (Alva’s Education), Shri Naveen D. Padil (Drama/Cine Artist), Prof. Bhaskar Shetty (President, Karnataka State Principal’s Association) and others.
- Organised campus interview by inviting representatives of multinational companies & provided employment to more than 95% of the outgoing students of the college. Organised several N.S.S Special Camps which were presided by former Ministers Shri B. Nagaraj Shetty, Shri K. Amarnath Shetty, Shri B. Ramanath Rai, Mr. Vishwanath Shetty Present Lokayuktha, Govt. of Karnataka and Attended several Seminars organized in the colleges of Udupi, Mangalore & Mangalore University. Given Guest Lecture in different colleges on Human Resource Development. Attended as resource person in the field of human resource development and leadership training. Presided over more than 200 programmes organized by different colleges and social associations.
Nominated for the Syndicate Membership of Mangalore University on 03.12.2010 by the Vice Chancellor.
- Nominated as the Member of Academic Council of Mangalore University on 13.09.2010
- Nominated for the Member of Chair in Rural Banking and Management of Mangalore University on 2010-2010
- Joined Lions Club, Kavoor in the year 2000 and actively participated in all the service activities & served in various positions of the club.
- In the year 2008 transferred from Kavoor Lions Club to the Lions Club of Mangalore – Ashok Nagar & was elected as the Secretary for the lionistic year 2008-09.
- Founder Executive Committee Member of Kavoor Bunts Sangha.
- Active member of Canara Chamber of Commerce Mangalore.
- Organising Secretary of Mangalore Taluk Bunts Sangha.
- Active member of the Bunts Alias Nadavara Mathru Sangha – Mangalore.
- Served as a honorary T.V.Anchor in Namma T.V for the programme “Prathama Kirana” which completed more than 600 episodes. Also in Live programme “Face to Face”, interviewed several State level and National level political & social leaders.
- Acted in Drama, Yakshagana and cultural programmes of Lions Club, Ashoknagar and Kavoor.
- Attended as a resource person in the field of religion and “Arogya Kirana” (Doctors Live interview Programme in T.V)
- Acted as a model for Nandini Sweets which was telecast about two years ago in Namma Kudla, Siri and other local T.V Channels.
- Served as an interact coordinator for about 5 years.
- Conducted Master of Ceremony for more than 1000 Programmes including State & National level programmes.
- Elected as The President – Lions Club Ashok Nagar Mangalore for the year 2010-11
Elected as Treasurer – Presidency Park Flat Owners Association for the year 2009-12
- Nominated as “Governor’s Co-ordinator for Swachatha Abhiyana in the Lions District 314 D for the year 2015-16
- Received Best NSS State Award for the year 2014 received on 06.02.2015 from the honourable governor of Karnataka government Shri Vajubai Vala.
- Membership committee chairman Lions club Ashok Nagar Mangalore(2008 onwards)
- Unanimously elected as the chairman of Lions club Ashok Nagar Charitable Trust ® Mangalore (2019 onwards)
- Building committee chairman of Lions club Ashok Nagar Mangalore(2018 onwards)
- Nominated as ‘District Coordinator- DC. Prog-Education and Carrier Guidance’ by the Lions Governor Dist. 317D(2019-2020)
- Elected as the Vice President of The Flat Owners Association of Presidency Park Mangalore (From 2017 onwards)